With the summer months just around the corner, BBQ season is upon us! And nothing compliments those potato salads and chicken wings quite like a good old fashioned home made cocktail. Grab your cocktail umbrella, and pick your poison.
Frozen Fruity Margarita’s
Refreshing, fruity and fresh and so easy to make. What’s not to love here? Make a classic margarita on the rocks: 2 simple steps.
- 1 pint fruit sorbet any flavour
- 6 ounces tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Blend all ingredients for 20-30 seconds on high speed until combined.
- Pour into salt- or sugar-rimmed glass. Garnish and serve.
Paloma Cocktail Ingredients
Tart and sour with a hint of sweetness and tequila. If this wasn’t your go to summer BBQ drink of choice then it is definitely about to be!
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice, plus wedges for garnish
- 2 ounces sparkling water
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ¼ ounce agave nectar or simple syrup, or to taste
- Coarse sea salt, for the rim of the glasses
- Tequila – Use any good-quality blanco tequila in this recipe.
- Grapefruit juice and club soda - swap the traditional grapefruit soda for a mix of grapefruit juice and sparkling water. Feeling fancy? Use freshly squeezed grapefruit juice!
- Lime juice – for extra tartness
- Agave nectar or simple syrup – Balance the sour/tart flavor of the grapefruit and lime with something sweet. A small amount of agave or simple syrup, will do the trick.
- Salt – For the rim of your glass! I like to use coarse sea salt, but kosher salt would work here too.
- Ice – A paloma cocktail is always better on the rocks!
Gin in the summer is for a lot of us a firm favourite, this a classic that has so many different variations! Get this one perfect and you will definitely be the hostess with the most-est.
- 50ml gin
- 20ml lemon
- 10ml sugar syrup
- 10ml elderflower cordial
- soda, for topping up
- Shake the gin with the lemon, sugar and a dash of elderflower cordial.
- Pour over rock ice and lengthen with the soda.
- Decorate with a sprig of your favourite herb.
- If you’re feeling like a true vagabond then top with sparkling wine to make an elderflower royale.Please drink responsibly, and, enjoy!